Information Note regarding the processing of Personal Data
TREND CONSULT S.R.L. company with its registered office in Menuetului nr. 8 street (section 1, floor 1, ap. 2, floor 2, ap. 3, cam. 2, floor 3, ap. 4 and floor 4, ap. 5.), Sector 1, Bucharest, registered in the Trade Register under no. J40/8999/2000, with the tax registration code RO 13417787, (hereinafter referred to as “Trend Consult” or “Company”), with the telephone number 0217960877, the e-mail address email@example.com wishes to inform you of the processing of your personal data in the context of certain operations carried out by the Company for the purposes specified below.
- Purpose, categories of data and grounds for processing
This briefing note refers to your status as a participant in web conferences (webinar) organized by the Company on various present-day topics in the life of an organization’s society.
Trend Consult processes during these online events, as an organizer, the personal data that you provide directly when you sign up, such as name, first name, email address, company you work for and phone number. The aim pursued by the Company is the organization and conduct of web conferences, based on the need to execute a contractual obligation (your voluntary participation in these conferences represents a contract between the Company and you).
- Recipients of personal data
To achieve the above mentioned purpose, Trend Consult uses the services of contract partners, i.e. certain online platforms (Facebook, www.zoom.us). Some of them are processors (empowerd by the operator), such as companies that manage www.zoom.us platforms.
They may be provided with your personal data for use within the limits of their obligations to the Company, or they may be obtained directly from you on behalf of the Company. Personal data that we disclose to our processors or that they obtain directly from you on behalf of the Company is limited to the minimum personal information that is necessary for the provision of those services and we require them not to use the personal data for any other purpose. We make every effort to ensure that all entities we work with store your personal data safely and securely.
Some of the Company’s partners are third parties that are not responsible for processing the data, but have access to it in the performance of their tasks or in their interactions with the Company, such as companies providing technical maintenance or financial auditors. The personal data indicated above may be made available or transmitted to third parties in the following situations: (i) public authorities, auditors or institutions with competence in carrying out inspections and controls on the company’s business and assets, which require the Company to provide information, by virtue of its legal obligations; (ii) to comply with a legal requirement or to protect the rights and assets of our Company, such as courts.
- Transfer of personal data abroad
In the context of carrying out the operations described above, your personal data is transferred to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
The company that manages the platform www.zoom.us has its registered office in the United States, California, which ensures an adequate level of protection of your personal data, being included in the list of companies mentioned in the EU-USA Privacy Shield
- Duration of processing
We will store your personal data only for the period of time necessary to achieve the above mentioned processing purposes, while complying with the legal requirements in force. We estimate that the above detailed processing activities will require the storage of personal data during the conduct of the online conferences, as well as for the 3-year prescription period after the completion of the conference.
If the Company determines that it has a legitimate interest or a legal obligation to continue to process your personal data for other purposes, you will be duly informed of this.
Once the processing period indicated above expires and the Company no longer has legal or legitimate reasons to process your personal data, the data will be deleted in accordance with its procedures, which may involve archiving, anonymizing or destroying it.
- Refusal of processing and its consequences
The personal data provided for the purpose set out in Section 1 are processed in consideration of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, the subject must provide the personal data in order to be able to take part in these online conferences. If the data subject does not provide the data for the above mentioned purpose, the contract cannot be concluded by the execution of which the online conferences are provided.
- Data processing security
Trend Consult hereby informs you that it constantly evaluates and updates the security measures implemented to ensure safe and secure processing of personal data.
- Data subject’s rights with regard to data processing
In the context of the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- The right of access to processed personal data: you have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data are processed or not and, if so, to have access to the type of personal data and the conditions under which they are processed, by making a request to the data processor;
- The right to request the rectification or deletion of personal data: you may request, by making a request to the data processor, the rectification of inaccurate personal data, the completion of incomplete data or the deletion of your personal data if (i) the data is no longer necessary for the original purpose (and there is no new legal purpose) , (ii) the legal basis for the processing is the consent of the data subject, the data subject withdraws his consent and there is no other legal basis, (iii) the data subject exercises the right to object, and the processor has no legitimate reasons to prevail in order to continue the processing, (iv) the data has been processed illegally, (v) the deletion is necessary for compliance with EU law or Romanian law or (vi) the data has been collected in connection with information society services provided to children (if applicable) , where specific consent requirements apply;
- The right to request restriction of processing: you have the right to obtain restriction of processing in cases where: (i) you consider that the personal data processed are inaccurate, for a period that allows the processor to verify the accuracy of personal data; (ii) processing is illegal, but you do not wish to delete your personal data, but to restrict the use of such data; (iii) if the data processor no longer needs your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend a right in court; or (iv) you have objected to processing for the time frame during which to verify that the processor’s legitimate grounds prevail over the data subject’s rights;
- The right to object to the processing of data on grounds relating to your particular situation, when the processing is based on legitimate interest, and to object at any time to the processing of data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling;
- The right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning or similarly affecting the data subject in a significant manner;
- The right to data portability, meaning the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to the data controller in a structured, commonly used and readable form, as well as the right to transfer that data to another operator, where the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract and is carried out by automatic means;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (ANSPDCP) and the right to apply to the competent courts.
The above rights may be exercised at any time. For the exercise of these rights, we encourage you to submit a written request, dated and signed at the following address: Str. Menuetului nr. 8 (section 1, floor 1, ap. 2, floor 2, ap. 3, cam. 2, floor 3, ap. 4 and floor 4, ap. 5. ), Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania or in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company representative
You can ask any questions about this document to the Company Representative, who can be contacted using the following contract details: tel. 0217960877, email: email@example.com
Date: March 2020